Sunday, February 28, 2010

 
Taking advantage of the younger child

Carson's actions this morning remind me of the potential evil that lurks within the older child. As Annalea pulled herself up on our lower stairs, Carson sat at the top of the stairs and yelled at her to, "Not come up." After several reminders to talk nice to his sister and to not touch her, Carson zipped down the stairs, picked up Annalea, and dropped her on the floor. Annalea began to cry and Carson ran away to the bathroom. I went to get Carson from the bathroom and to take him upstairs to his room for a timeout. When we walked by Annalea, Carson kicked her in the head on purpose. For the first time in his life, Carson received a swift smack on his bottom for his choice. Now, Trish and I are not the spanking parents, but a full body drop and kick to the head in a matter of 30 seconds appeared to warrant a smack to his backside. Carson did not like that so much and wailed alone in his room. The smack could not have hurt, but more likely stunned him. A few minutes later, Carson came down and apologized to Annalea. Unfortunately, he gave a sheepish grin when we talked about getting smacked on the bottom. I think he might have thought it was funny. Once again, my belief in the true innocence of the younger child shown through today.



Comments:
Though I by no means condone Carson's choice of tactics, I do believe him to be innocent in the greater scheme of things. I mean, for all we know, he didn't mean to kick her - maybe he tripped! The older child is always so neglected and misunderstood.

I do hope Annalea is ok. I'll have to talk with Carson about ways to stay on top of things without causing bruises.
 
Trust me...from the point of view of an older sibling, she WILL get her revenge triplefold!
 
Knowing your older sibling, I can't imagine she ever did anything to you that wasn't loving and possibly for your own good. Teresa, mother-in-law to a near angel
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]