Wednesday, November 11, 2009

 
Potty Training

We thought that we had potty training all figured out for Carson about two months ago or should I say, we thought Carson had potty training all figured out. He went about two weeks where he consistently used the potty. Then one day, he just lost interest. After talking to some people, we backed off the pressure and decided to let him come around once he adjusted to the new daycare and Trish going back to work. A few weeks back, Carson and I were talking about using the potty. We had just finished reading stories and I had Carson in my lap with eyes locked on each other. I really felt like he was listening to me and that there was a connection as we talked about being a big boy and using the potty. Finally, I brought our conversation to a close and asked him if he wanted to try to go potty in the morning. Carson thoughtfully gazed at me for a few seconds and then looked me dead in the eyes and said, "You have a big head."

In addition to the confirmation from a three year old that I have a large noggin, Carson has taken to the potty more over the past couple of weeks. He now wants to be "big and strong" like two older boys at daycare. He is getting closer and closer to saying good-bye to diapers, but not quite there yet.

Happy Birthday to Griffin! He is a big seven years old today....wow!!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]