Tuesday, July 17, 2007

 
Directions Needed ASAP

I have recently come to the conclusion that someone switched out our baby last week and replaced him with a nonstop, high motor, soon to be one year old who happens to also be named Carson. Since we have a different version of Carson, we are in need of an instructional manual. I mean really, shouldn't there be an instructional manual for something like this? My dad's GPS system can tell me how to drive around the block, but there is no built in manual for a baby that has learned to act out his fantasies that he has dreamed up the past nine months.

I blogged recently about his crawling, but thanks to Grandee and Sittie's hardwood floors he can now move clear across the house with his army soldier crawl; I don't think that he will get his belly off the ground anytime soon, which slows him down to some extent. But the slow crawl does not stop him from pulling magazines off the lower shelves, opening drawers, and pushing/pulling anything he can. He will also stand while holding on to a table or foot rest for a pretty good amount of time, of course there is always an adult playing the role of Carson catcher behind him. Yesterday, he added the sound 'ga' to his repertoire of baby sounds as he continues to develop his early language skills. And he is clapping at just about anything. Earlier tonight he wanted us to join him in clapping after each time that he successfully picked up a cooked black bean and put it into his mouth......he also clapped for one of his bedtime stories.

There are more things to blog, but this is good for now. Carson really is changing, I'm not sure if Trish and I are just around more because school is out to see it or if a developmental light switch was flipped on that plane ride because he is quite the different baby these days.

Comments:
well, i wasn't going to fess up, but I flipped the little switch on Carson right before I left PA just to make sure you didn't enjoy the "easy" baby for too much longer. He made Calder and Griffin look like brutes! Can't have that...
 
get you butt back up here and flip the switch back to off!
 
I think this new development is great! I can't wait to see everything he does in person. Christi, you flipping the switch is okay with me!
 
Flipped switch on the perfect child???? I think not. Nope, pretty sure that the switch that was flipped was on the parents; hmmm, try a little extra sleep, then maybe you'll keep up! Wow, trying to blame the grandbaby of perfection - what is it with this generation?
GMA Jan
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]