Monday, October 16, 2006

 
Carson Takes Time out of his Busy Schedule to Visit Mom and Dad





This is actually footage associated with the first pictures I posted from Carson's first visit. I tried to post a video of Carson's first real bath, but I think that YouTube rejected my video because I had a naked baby on there....I guess the regulations are tough for a good reason. The video captures Carson's favorite moment of the day, when he is filled to the brim with breastmilk. He really is quite the feeder, I don't know how Trish does it. Women really get the raw end of the deal with child rearing, first they have to go through the pregnancy and give birth (which is much more than I can handle) and then the cruel job of nonstop newborn feeding sessions. I imaagine that Carson's caloric intake is a little higher than most newborns judging from his most current weight of 9 pounds 11 ounces. He experienced the normal post birth weight dip down to 9 lbs and 1 oz and since then has been chowing down with an all you can eat buffet attitude which has led to his current weight.

We are/were scheduled to discharge on Tuesday, but it actually may wind up being Wednesday or Thursday. The doctors we see have conflicting opinions regarding whether or not he should be monitored another day or two. We'll know more in the morning. It's hard for us, but we are taking the attitude that we will eventually be home and when we are we will have the faith that Carson is 100% healthy. Stay tuned, more posts to come.

Comments:
Joyce, you're lucky that you are 3,000 miles away.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]